Pigs & Pinot
Chef Charlie Palmer will take over Wine Country with top food and wine talent by his side for the Ninth Annual Pigs and Pinot Weekend sponsored in part by Visa Signature®-the preferred card for Pigs & Pinot.
Held at the award‐winning Hotel Healdsburg and its acclaimed restaurant, Dry Creek Kitchen-located in serene Healdsburg, where the celebrated appellations of Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley, and Russian River Valley converge-this charitable celebration has become a converted event amongst pork and wine enthusiasts eager to experience the creation of over 60 wineries and more than 20 chefs who showcase their talents each year.
This year's participating pork authorities include:
And, to guide us on an illuminating red wine experience, our featured Pinot pros include:
- Amanda Freitag, Chef/Owner Empire Diner and Food Network TV personality
- Bryan Voltaggio, Chef/Owner VOLT and RANGE and Top Chef Masters Runner-Up
- Frank Crispo, Chef/Owner Crispo Restaurant
- Philippe Rispoli, Chef/Owner PB Boulangerie Bistro
- Michael Browne, CIRQ
- Pierre Emmanuel, Domaine Pierre Gelin
- Jesse Katz (Pinot Cup 2013 winner) and Bill Foley, Roth and TeKairanga
- Tom Rochioli, Rochioli Vineyards & Winery
- Mike Weersing, Pyramid Valley Vineyards
To lend us their esteemed palates, our Pinot Cup judges include:
- Meridith May, Executive Editor and Publisher of THE TASTING PANEL Magazine
- Maeve Pesquera, Director of Wine for Fleming's Steakhouse and Wine Bar
- Michael Jordan, Master Sommelier
And finally, the weekend wouldn't be complete without the food-loving, celebrity comedian and actor serving as emcee, judge and keep-us-on-our-toes participant:
The 2014 Pigs & Pinot event presents a stimulating line-up of food and wine seminars, tastings and cook-offs, with all net proceeds benefiting Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign to end childhood hunger in America, as well as local Sonoma County scholarships and charities. The event is sponsored by sponsors including: Visa Signature, DCS Appliances by Fisher & Paykel, Encore Events, Fiji Water and Relish Culinary Adventures, as well as participating wineries and restaurants, which help to make this weekend celebration possible.
- Mario Cantone, actor and comedian
For more information about events, tickets and packages, visit www.PigsandPinot.com.
Charlie Palmer Group